COVID-19 update April 19th 2020

Hello from Jim and Julies Wabaskang Camp. We have been informed the U.S./Canadian Border will remain close to non-essential traffic until approximately May 21st, this date isn’t set in stone and may be extended if the situation calls for it. We have made the decision to cancel the first five weeks of the season, the weeks affected start on the original opener which is May 16th and will run up to the 20th of June. We hope to be able to have camp up and ready for guests scheduled to be arriving on Saturday the 20th of June. We will be contacting each of our guests with a reservation during any of the cancelled weeks to talk about possible options for a trip later in the season. Our guests will also be given the choice to have their deposits carried over to next season or be promptly returned. We know everyone is suffering in some way from the COVID-19 Pandemic and realize a trip to camp this season may not be possible for some of you even if we are open so please contact us and we will make arrangements to return your deposit or carry it to next season. No decisions need to be made right away and hopefully you will be able to enjoy a week at Wabaskang this season.
We realize this pandemic has caused much stress and anxiety to many of you wanting and undoubtedly needing a fishing trip to camp but the situation is something none of us can control. We made the decision to cancel the first five weeks of the season with the safety of our guests, employees, and camp neighbors in mind. Please be assured we will all see each other again soon. Anyone with questions or concerns can call or email anytime. Stay safe, look after your loved ones, keep God in your hearts and we will all be stronger when this is over.
Jim and Julie

Leave a reply