May 19th, 2020 Covid-19 travel update

Greetings from Jim & Julie’s Wabaskang Camp.  The Province of Ontario is moving forward on their plans to slowly open some public areas. Marinas and seasonal campgrounds are opening up but with many restrictions and limited capacities.  The state of emergency orders has been extended to June 2nd for non-essential travel which unfortunately includes tourism from the United states.  There is some discussion that the order may be extended to June 19th but the decision hasn’t been made yet.  We had hoped to open on the 20th of June but that might have to be extended to early July if the border doesn’t open to non-essential travel until the June 19th date.  We will update everyone soon on the situation as an update from the Canadian Government is due in a few days.  We will all be anxiously waiting for any good news we can announce, stay safe and keep the faith.  Jim and Julie

Leave a reply